Out of 10 users, 7 prefer a voice search over a traditional one. This statistic is expected to rise to 8 billion by 2023. It is not surprising, given how consumers are becoming more conversational in how they interact with technology.
There has been a lot of talk about voice search, but little is known about how to use it. This relatively new development in the search world is already making a big impact on the way people conduct searches.
Optimizing website for voice SEO is not easy, so if you want to optimize the website for voice SEO then you should consider hiring SEO Services or in house SEO experts with proper voise search knowledge.
This blog will look at different things, including what is voice search is, why it’s becoming so popular, what we can expect in the future, and how to optimize your site for it.
What is voice search?
Voice search is a search engine technology that allows users to search on the internet by speaking instead of typing. It is an increasingly popular way to conduct searches, especially on mobile devices. Many mobile devices come with a built-in voice search feature, and many third-party voices search apps are available for this.
Voice search is convenient and faster than typing, especially if you want any specific information. When you use voice search, you can simply say what you are looking for, and the search engine will do the work for you like a traditional search.
Voice search is also becoming more accurate and efficient as technology advances. Search engines are constantly working to improve their voice recognition algorithms, which means that voice search will only improve in the future.
How does voice search work?
Voice search works by converting the user’s speech into text. This text is then used to search for the desired information. The results are typically presented in a list format from which the user can select.
One of the benefits of voice search is that it can help in situations where using the traditional search method may be difficult, such as when driving or cooking. It’s faster and more convenient than typing out a search query.
Nevertheless, voice search is still in its early stages, with some limitations. For example, searching for long or complicated queries may not be the best way. Additionally, the results may sometimes be less accurate than those from a traditional search. However, as technology develops, these limitations are likely to be reduced.
What’s the reason behind the shift to voice search?
One of the main reasons for the shift to voice search is convenience. It is much easier to speak a query than to type it out, especially if you are doing something else simultaneously. Voice search is also becoming more accurate, making you less likely to get incorrect results. With the advancing technology, the reliability of voice searches is also increasing. And finally, people are becoming more comfortable using voice search in public settings, such as driving or walking.
Top voice search devices
Many devices allow you to perform voice searches. Here are the top voice search devices that you should consider:
- Amazon Echo: The Amazon Echo is a popular voice search device that allows you to perform many different tasks, including searching the web, setting alarms, and controlling smart devices.
- Google Home: Google Home is another popular voice search device that offers many of the same features as the Amazon Echo.
- Apple Siri: Siri is a voice search feature built into many Apple devices, including the iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
- Microsoft Cortana: Cortana is also a voice search feature, the same as Siri, but it’s found in Microsoft devices, including the Windows Phone and Xbox One.
- Android Voice Search: Almost all Android devices have this voice search feature.
Why is voice search more important now than ever?
It has become the new norm for people to turn to voice searches now. People now need to optimize their websites for voice search if they don’t want to lose out on potential customers, and there are a bunch of reasons behind it:
- The popularity of voice-activated devices is on the rise. It means that more and more people are using their voices to search for information rather than typing out queries.
- Voice searches are generally quicker and easier than typing, which makes it the go option for users.
- Finally, voice searches take into account factors like pronunciation and intonation, due to which they can be more accurate than traditional searches.
Overall, as more people are shifting to voice-activated devices, the importance of voice searches will only continue to grow.
Voice search Vs. Traditional search
With a voice search, you can simply say what you’re looking for, and the search engine will provide you with a list of relevant results. Traditional searches require you to type out your query, which can be time-consuming and frustrating sometimes.
Voice searches are also more accurate than traditional searches, as they consider the user’s intent. With a traditional search, you might type in a few keywords and hope that the right results come up. But with a voice search, the search engine can understand what you’re looking for and provide more accurate results.
How to optimize your website for voice search?
Voice search is an increasingly popular way to navigate the web, catering to mobile users mainly. With the ongoing revolution in voice assistants like Siri and Alexa to perform web searches, ensuring your site is optimized for voice searches is important.
But how do you do it and create a SEO strategy for voice searches.
Here are a few tips:
- Use natural language: When people speak into a search engine, they use natural language, not keywords. So, ensure your site content is written in a way that sounds natural when spoken and is not stuffed with keywords.
- Use long-tail keywords: Long-tail keywords are more conversational and are more likely to be used in voice searches. They’re intended to bring in the most relevant results; that’s why it’s vital to integrate them into your content.
- Structure your content: Voice search results are often read aloud, so it’s important to structure your content in an easily digestible way. Use headlines, subheadings, and bullet points to break up your text and make it easy to skim.
- Optimize your metadata: Metadata is the information that tells search engines what your site is about. Make sure your metadata is accurate and up-to-date, using keywords that reflect your site’s content. OPtimizing meta data will improve overall SEO for the website.
- Optimize your site for mobile: Since people are likely to use voice search on their mobile phones, making sure your site is mobile-friendly is important.
By following these tips, you can ensure your site is ready for the growing voice search trend.
Voice search is becoming a bigger part of our lives and how we access information. It is still in its early stages, but many users are already experimenting. The future of voice search is bright, as the technology behind it is only improving. Optimizing your site for voice search can give you an edge over competitors. You can follow the above-mentioned process to do so.