What is SEO marketing? A quick guide to SEO marketing
Let’s Google it.
How often have you heard this jargon, “let’s google it.” No matter which search engine you use, here is a quick fact based on internet stats. There are 63,000 search queries every second on the internet. It should not be shocking that searching on the internet has become a crucial part of our lives.
Furthermore, there are over 200 million live websites on the internet, obviously of different niches. Now, if you have a website, how can you make it stand out from the pool of websites?
Good SEO marketing gets more eyes on your website, which means more traffic; this allows you to convert your prospects into customers.
SEO services help drive organic business growth and improve the SERP presence with brand visibility.
Now you will make your website stand out. Here comes SEO marketing.
What is SEO Marketing?
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) marketing is a vital part of digital marketing to generate organic traffic on search engines (Google, Bing, etc.). It is a process of improving your website to get a better ranking (a.k.a. more visibility) on a SERP (search engine result page).
Search engines are automated programs that crawl through billions of web pages daily and filter out the results that are more relevant to search queries. In addition, search engines only show the top 10 pages of the search engine result page. An SEO marketing strategy will help you get there.
Why is SEO Marketing Important?
SEO marketing is more powerful than you think. It is the most practical and affordable way to reach your target audience and build a long-term business presence online. Here is why you should take SEO marketing seriously.
- Builds trust and credibility- Great SEO marketing gives your customers a positive experience, which means you get more clicks on your website, eventually generating more traffic. Over time, you rank in the top 10 search results on search engines.
- Know your Audience– With the help of SEO and analytics, you can know from which location you are getting traffic, how users navigate your website, and what activity they are doing.
Components of SEO Marketing?
All the components complement each other.
On-page SEO (or on-site SEO) is the ongoing process of optimizing web pages to raise a website’s position in search engine results and attract organic traffic.
On-page SEO includes
- The proper keyword research– It is important to know which keywords to use and what should be the keyword frequency. Keywords should be mapped to the right set of pages according to the intent.
- Optimisations for Meta tags, Descriptions, and Heading tags– Use primary keywords in tags and descriptions and make them user-friendly. Meta descriptions and Title tags will help improve the CTR.
- SEO-friendly content writing- write content your target audience will easily understand and avoid long paragraphs and repetition. Instead, write short and crisp content, and use short paragraphs and bullet points. Content copy should also include the LSI keywords.
- Image Optimization– Search engines cannot read images, so it is important to mention relevant alt text (or alternative text) while uploading the image.
Off-Page SEO is the activity done outside your website but can do wonders to your overall traffic and rankings. A website with numerous high-quality backlinks will typically rank higher than an otherwise similar site with fewer backlinks because search engines consider backlinks indicators of the quality of the linked content.
Off-page activities include:-
- Influencer Outreach
- Guest Posting
- Broken Link Building
- Social Networking
- Social Bookmarking
- Questions & Answers
- PR Link Building
Backlinks should be built from relevant websites that have high domain authority.
Technical SEO can directly influence your website’s organic rankings. The three pillars of technical optimization include making a website quicker, easier to crawl, and more intelligible for search engines.
Technical SEO includes
- Responsive Website Design
- Website Speed
- XML Sitemap
- Structure Markup
- Core web vitals
- Redirection Errors
Other issues get covered in technical SEO audits: canonical tags, hreflang tags, robots file, x-robots tag, and content issues such as missing and duplicate meta tags, duplicate and mixed content, orphan pages, etc.
Content is king; user-friendly content can help your user (or readers) better understand and are more likely to return to your website. Producing good content and posting it regularly while maintaining the brand tone gets you more loyal users (or readers).
Content should be focused on keywords and the intent of the keyword. It helps improve visitors’ time on the website, reduces bounce rate, and increases conversions.
If your company operates locally or has a physical location, local SEO is advantageous for you. If your company isn’t optimized for local searches, you might lose out on potential customers looking to shop in your local area.
Some local SEO tips:-
- Optimise your Google Business Profile
- Post consistently on Google Business Profile
- Create area-specific content
- Create location pages for your website
- Add posts and ask your customers to leave reviews on the GMB
- Get backlinks from local directories
You can increase organic traffic from searches by local customers by using local SEO for your business.
SEO marketing can help you get ahead of your competition online; rightly consider all the above elements, including competitor’s search, which lets you know what other businesses are doing (same as your niche).
SEO marketing requires proper planning and strategy to outrank the competitors. In-house teams or an SEO marketing agency can help brands to create a proper strategy to improve SEO, build a long-term SEO strategy, and drive organic results.